Monday, August 13, 2012

Cheese Ball

So a couple of years ago I decided to try my hand a making a cheese ball, so i looked up a bunch of different recipes looking for inspiration for ingredients, and then wrote my own recipe using the ingredients that i liked form the various other recipes. It turned out really well. I recently looked it up again so that i can make one for my sister's bridal shower. Anyways here is the recipe.

2 8oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1.5 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp grated onion
2.5 c shredded cheddar cheese
.25 c chopped parsley
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Tbsp minced thyme

In a bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Shape into a ball and serve with crackers.

It was a huge hit when i made it, and it was the best cheese ball i had ever had, which makes sense since i wrote the recipe based on what i liked from other cheese balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment