Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holidays

So I love being home for the holidays, Cuz I have access to a sewing machine and can mend my clothes and alter others. It is pretty great. I took in a skirt I had made, and made a scarf out of an old shirt. It is pretty sweet. I also crocheted a Beanie for my sister. I'm thinking about putting the pattern on my blog. It is a very pretty Beanie. I have done so much crafty things lately, its crazy. I mended the considerable pile of clothes waiting to be mended, and made hair flowers. I'm in the process of making a sweater, and I need to finish a dress I'm making for my sister. Ive been cleaning up my moms sewing room just by finishing all the projects that have been sitting around. I'm really excited about all the stuff I've been doing. It has felt nice to be busy.
I had a great Christmas. I was able to help my mom and others help out a family in need by serging the edges of fleece blankets for them. It felt amazing to give service in that way. I only wish I could do more. I love the Christmas season because it us a very giving time of year. I love giving gifts more then getting, and lately I've realized even more how wonderful giving service is. I love how good I feel when I can help others. I need to make a goal to serve more all year round. I have been making a effort to serve, and I love it. I almost feel selfish because one of the reasons I love serving so much is the way it makes me feel.
Another great thing about being home for the holidays is that I have gotten to see my neices and nephews, as well as the rest of my family. When I am gone, I miss the kids more tthen anyone else. I love how sweet and full of fun they are. They love to laugh, and I love trying to make them. I currently have 14 neices and nephews, and I love each of them to death.
Interesting note is that my favorite age in kids is from when they first get playful as babies to about three. The reason this is interesting is because this includes the terrible twos. I am actually pretty good at working with two year olds. Pretty much all of my neices and nephews loved me at age two, even when they were mad at everyone else. I love being an aunt. It is one of the best parts of my life.
I also am kind of thinking about putting my recipe for seven layered candy on this blog. There are a bunch of versions of this treat on the web, but they all differ from mine in ways that I find to make them inferior. I guess that is one of the great things about this recipe: that it is readily adaptable to different tastes. Maybe after the next time I make some I will put the recipe on because then I can include pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment