Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birdie Bread

So I have a little parrotlet named Kiwi, and I recently made her birdie bread for the first time. She didn't like any fresh foods i would give her, but really likes the birdie bread. I am making my second batch right now. I figured I would talk about how I made it on here :) You can mix and match according to what you have on hand. Just make sure that you don't put anything in that would be bad for your birds.
Ingredients:
Fruits (i used frozen)
Veggies (again frozen)
Peanut butter
Oats
Grits/Rice
Boiled Eggs
Seasonings
-Parsley
-Chives
-Oregano
-Cinnamon
Seed mix (to get her interested)
I mixed all of the wet ingredient (Fruits, Veggies, boiled eggs, peanut butter) then added the dry ingredients to it. I bake on 300 F until it is dried out. I want a birdie bread that is dry so i can put it in her cage and then leave for school. She really likes it and now eats it as the main portion of her diet instead of the seed mix she also gets.

Before baking:

No comments:

Post a Comment